Treats! Magazine is a media space like nothing you’ve ever seen before: a place where high fashion, high culture, art and sensuality combine with the ultimate in luxury lifestyle publishing. We are seeking interns to help our editorial team in Los Angeles. While this internship is unpaid, you will gain invaluable hands-on experience in helping to publish one of the hottest magazines on newsstands today, plus an opportunity to be published on the blog/magazine is a possibility.
Internships are unpaid; school credit is available. Interns should be able to commit 2-3 days a week, on average. The exact dates of the internship will depend on each student’s availability.
· Assisting in reading, filtering, and responding to submissions as well as other emails and letters
· Basic administrative duties – phones, mailings, etc.
· Updating Excel spreadsheets for various stories
· Editorial research, copyediting and fact checking for print and web
· Finding places to promote/send Treats! Magazine pieces online
· Opportunity to pitch stories and write
· Running errands as needed
Background / Skills:
· Ability to remain focused and productive in a fast-paced working environment
· Off the cuff problems solver
· Strong interest in fashion, art, photography, luxury lifestyle, print and online media.
· Strong writing & copy editing skills
· Microsoft Office and Photoshop experience
· Wordpress experience is mandatory.