The Huffington Post is looking for a six month, full-time editorial intern. A non-traditional editorial role, this internship will work closely with both the HuffPost editorial team as well as the HuffPost Live team. The intern will work primarily with the HP Live team, and will be charged with scouring the web to find amazing clips, editing video, and creating content for both the core site and Live. The right candidate will be an obsessively webby news junkie with a love of video, the drive to succeed in a fast-paced newsroom environment, and a demonstrated passion for digital media.
Requirements for Success:
- Strong interest in digital media
- Must be a news junkie with a particular passion for video news
- Demonstrated interest in working with video content
- HTML experience highly preferred
- Strong analytical ability
- Must be a detail-oriented, independent worker who excels at multitasking
- Creativity is key—you must think outside the box!
- Working knowledge of social media outlets is required, including: twitter, tumblr, facebook, pinterest etc.
- Internet junkies are welcome—the more you love devouring online content, the better! We are looking for the type of candidate who can spot viral content—before it goes viral!
- Attitude and personality are key for this role. Being an upbeat, hardworking, motivated team player is a must! We’re looking for someone who can get along with anyone, anywhere, at any time, and all while being a strong contributor
This internship is located in our New York, NY office, and is open to current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates (Only December 2012 and later graduates will be considered for this role). It is a full-time, paid role—40 hrs/week, $10.00/hr. This internship will run for six months.