Time Out New York is looking for spring fashion interns to start immediately possibly staying on through summer. We cover women’s and men’s fashion, beauty and home decor in the New York City market. This position is split between fashion, editorial and web responsibilities, providing interns with a hybrid of experience.
Daily tasks include:
* Receiving published bylines (in print and online) for writing up new stores, sample sales and other articles
* Styling still-life products for fashion shoots and assisting at shoots with models
* Handling the editor’s Fashion Week schedules and potentially covering shows
* Market research (finding products for fashion stories)
* Helping with street fashion stories (scouting people and interviewing them)
* Covering spas (including testing out treatments!)
* Managing contacts, press materials and look books
* Fact-checking articles
* Fashion closet maintenance (checking in and returning sample)
* Misc. administrative tasks
* Attending industry events
* Creating blog posts and slideshows
We’re looking for proactive, super-organized, multi-tasking enthusiasts with strong interests in fashion, beauty and home decor. Time Out New York is a weekly magazine with a thriving website, so there’s little or no downtime, but interns gain unbeatable work experience. Plus, you’ll work with an awesome team of interns and editors!
Please note, you MUST be able to receive school credit and you should be able to work at least two or three days a week.