An iconic luxury fashion/lifestyle brand in NYC is looking for a freelance copywriter to write and edit product copy to support the ecommerce business. The ideal candidate should have excellent copywriting and proofreading skills, a love for fashion and luxury lifestyle branding, be creative, and also able to meet deadlines in a timely and efficient manner.
• Write and proofread product description copy for ecommerce product assets.
• Own the entire copy process for assigned projects from start to finish; troubleshoot all copy issues that may arise throughout the process.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of copy and content, including grammar, punctuation, style and factual information; proactively initiate improvements.
• Conduct periodic copy audits to ensure copy is accurate and properly uploaded.
• Work on special projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in English or Journalism (or comparable work experience).
• 2-4 years of copywriting and proofreading experience, preferably in a fashion and/or lifestyle category.
• Exceptionally strong copywriting and proofreading skills with expertise in proper grammar, usage and syntax; familiarity with authoritative references.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with database tools.
• Excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work under multiple deadlines, and work independently as well as with a team.
• A customer service-focused attitude.