Our Digital Department is seeking interns for the Spring 2013 semester beginning in January until May. Candidates must be enrolled in school, available 2-3 full days per week and MUST arrange to receive school credit. Applicants must submit 2-3 writing clips. Please note this internship is unpaid and does not include a stipend. We’re a small department so interns will have the opportunity to learn a lot and get tons of hands on experience.
- Be self-starters and work independently.
- Be detail-oriented and follow directions.
- Be able to juggle multiple projects.
- Have previous experience at an established website, magazine, newspaper, or in a related field
- Work closely with others in a team environment
- Have strong research skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Have an in depth knowledge of pop culture
Duties will include:
- Checking-in beauty samples
- Writing stories for online content
- Conducting and transcribing interviews
- Assisting with story, beauty and photo research
- General administrative and organizational duties
- Assisting with fact-checking and credits for stories
Assisting with social media efforts
Updating team on pop culture happenings