The Content Editor- Home & Food, iVillage will oversee the development of all content for the Entertainment site (vertical). This includes content development and content acquisition. This also includes all published and video material The Content Editor will also be responsible for developing the tone and the voice for the Home & Food site.
• Execute strategy for Home & Food channel to achieve leadership in woman’s space
• Grow and expand site traffic and audience engagement
• Seek out and execute meaningful editorial and content partnerships
• Oversee, update and develop new newsletters to serve the audience
• Nurture vibrant community through innovative and thoughtful program development and integration
• Represent brand at media events, industry conferences and client meetings.
• Develop and coordinate editorial calendar with sales and marketing team.
• Manage a team of senior producer(s), producer(s) and associate producer(s)
• provide direction to each team member in line with the strategic direction of the site.
• Review all material prior to its posting on the site.
• Hire all staff and freelance personnel working on the site. Provide regular coaching and feedback to team on performance; conduct annual performance reviews and make raise recommendations during the salary review process.
• Maintain editorial integrity of the site
• sources verified, facts checked and confirmed
• Work closely with the Content Editors for all other sites/verticals on identifying and leveraging cross-vertical content sharing opportunities
About iVillage Networks: iVillage Networks is part of NBC Universal’s Women & Lifestyle Entertainment Networks, a powerful combination of media assets that additionally include Bravo Media, “Green is Universal,” and Oxygen Media, and Women@NBCU, a female targeted sales and marketing initiative. iVillage Networks is the first and most established media company dedicated exclusively to connecting women at every stage of their lives. iVillage.com (www.ivillage.com), the leading online community for women, offers an authentic and robust community infused with compelling content from experts on health, parenting, pregnancy, beauty, style, fitness, relationships, food and entertainment.
The site’s interactive features include thousands of message boards, which allow women around the world to connect, share ideas, and seek advice and support about everything from fertility to fashion. Additional businesses and brand extensions within the iVillage Networks include iVillage UK, NBC Digital Health Network and the wholly-owned sites Astrology.com and GardenWeb. The Company, acquired by NBC Universal, Inc. in May 2006, is based in New York City.