Adirondack Weddings, a nationally-acclaimed newsstand bridal magazine and website, is seeking interns in the areas of writing and graphic design. Positions are on-site in upstate New York.
Exact responsibilities will be tailored to the intern’s skills and areas of interest, but might include any or all of the following:
• Writing/reporting original stories for the website and/or the print magazine. Topics include real weddings, love stories, local history, outdoor adventure, venue spotlights, DIYs, recipes, etc.
• Editorial design for web (inspiration boards, color palettes, real weddings, DIYs, etc)
• Graphic design for print
• Social media duties on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google +
• Assisting on photo shoots (planning, styling, shooting behind the scenes footage, etc.)
• Attendance at bridal show events or other relevant events (if any take place during internship period)
Candidates should be college students (grad or undergrad), ideally with a strong portfolio of writing samples, design samples, and/or related materials. Relevant coursework and experience with student media preferred.
• Excellent writing skills and a love of proper grammar
• Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, and WordPress
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and eager to learn
The intern will work closely with and be directly supervised by the Editor-in-Chief. The internship will give you invaluable training, hands-on experience, and great clips/samples for your portfolio. This is not a “making coffee” internship!
Available positions correspond with the following academic semesters: Spring (January to May), Summer (May to August) and Fall (September to December). Exact start and end dates are flexible. Intern must own his or her own functioning laptop. Those interested in graphic design must have the Adobe Design Suite (5, 5.5 or 6) or a Creative Cloud membership.